Facilitated by Psychologist and Chief Emotional Weapons Inspector Nicole Lawrence
Separation can be a painful emotional minefield. This 8 week group is designed for anyone in a new, or established, co-parenting situation, who feels they are struggling in a parental warzone (single, both parents, or step-parents welcome). The Hurt Locker identifies common emotional trigger-points and provides step-by-step diffusion techniques to promote a more harmonious co-parenting relationship, and prevent children becoming “collateral damage” in adult conflict. The core principals of the group are to remove blame and shame from the equation, and to support people looking beyond their own personal pain and disappointment, to provide the functional parental support unit their children need them to be.
Topics covered include:
- Founding principals of healthy co-parenting relationships
- Responding to children’s questions and concerns, & how to talk about your ex when your kids are around
- Establishing healthy boundaries and ground rules: co-parenting communications & managing conflict aka “How to stay out of court, and the Psychiatrist’s office”
- Differences in parenting styles & conflict in child-rearing philosophies
- The challenges of a changed lifestyle, single parenting, dating & remarriage, & stepfamilies
- Being prepared for negative feelings & self care
- Final sessions will feature topics generated by participants; information & further resources
GP or Psychiatrist referral required for full Medicare rebates. A 10% discount applies if the 8 week course paid in advance. For bookings and pricing, contact the Kooky Clinic on (07) 3133 8018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.