The Kooky Clinic is seeking a Clinical Psychologist who is a board-approved supervisor to join our merry band of beautiful weirdos, and be part of our shared vision to provide creative, inclusive, and innovative mental health care.
- Renowned for our unique group programs and playful approach to therapy, the Kooky Clinic provides Logan’s only private truly multidisciplinary mental health and developmental clinic for young people, and their families.
- We are registered for NDIS and have a well established referral base.
- Above all, quirky office spaces and relaxing indoor/outdoor lunch areas to help everyone to feel at home. Lunch is provided on the house!
- The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and registered with AHPRA as a board-approved supervisor.
- There is flexibility in your diary to offer both individual and group supervision to our two hardworking provisional psychologists, as well as administration time as a supervisor.
- Looking ideally for candidates who can commit to an existing caseload, working mostly with children, adolescents, and families, with diverse presentations.
- The ability to gain easy rapport, assist with diagnostic assessments, and confidently deliver evidence-based treatments, is essential.
- Someone enthusiastic to learn and teach new skills, and be part of innovating creative new ways of delivering mental health care.
- Do you have a cheeky twinkle in your eye, a compulsive need to play (with clients and other team members!), and a quirky sense of humour?
- Highly evolved compassion, self-care, and strong ethical principles to your own work-life balance and to nurture budding psychologists.
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Regular multi-disciplinary peer supervision meetings, including back-up from supportive Psychiatrists with an interest in psychotherapy, for your most complex and high risk patients.
- Involvement in developing and participating in regular PD opportunities provided by in-house psychiatrists.
- Someone keen to support delivery of evidence-based therapeutic group programs to address gaps in local service delivery, within a supportive team framework (think Dungeons & Dragons!).
- Resources to support therapy as well as the delivery of cognitive assessments, educational assessment and psychometric testing are available.
- Broad referral base with a large variety of presentations (neurodiversity, trauma), and capacity to develop your own special interests.
Flexible Working Arrangements:
- Flexible hours and competitive salary are available, which include room rental and a basic IT, marketing, and admin services package. Contractor model of work will also be considered.
- Working conditions (work from home, in office) and remuneration are both negotiable.
- Experience in private practice.
- Experience supervising the 4+2 internship.
This role works alongside the practice manager, helping with policies, clinical enquiries, chart audits etc
Send your applications, with attention to the Clinical Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Dr Shannon Morton at firstname.lastname@example.org
See www.kookyclinic.com.au for more details about the practice.
May the Force Be With You!