Maud is a university qualified Accredited Practising Dietitian & Nutritionist (APD) and an active member of the Dietitian Association of Australia (DAA). She also has a PhD in ecotoxicology.
Her approach focuses on helping clients identify and maintain health-promoting behaviours that work for them instead of prescribing restrictive meal plans. She welcomes clients as equal partners and by focusing on their strengths, thrives to empower them to take care of themselves in a sustainable way and discover a healthier version of themselves.
Maud can tailor nutrition care plans for a broad range of conditions and is particularly interested in the role of diet in mental health and the management of medication side effects. She has trained in major Brisbane hospitals and has worked with mental health consumers in hospital and in the community. She has also developed and facilitated several cooking programs for persons with a lived experience of mental illness to help them prepare stress-free meals that are both yummy and nutritious.
Some of the health issues that Maud can help with are:
- Tummy troubles (constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, “heart burn”, …)
- High cholesterol
- Body image and disordered eating
- Weight concerns
- Food intolerance
Maud can also assist with general healthy eating like:
- Finding meal ideas that suit you (quick and easy, cheap but nutritious, …)
- Decoding food labels to make informed food choices
- Planning meals to decrease food waste and save money
- Preventing nutrient deficiencies when following a vegan or vegetarian diet
- Choosing snacks that help you maintain your energy level
- Preparing meals for fussy eaters
During her free time, Maud enjoys baking cakes with her daughter, doing arts and crafts with patients in the hospital, and going for a swim with her family.
Maud’s background and qualifications
Maud was born in France and, although she doesn’t really drink wine, she loves bread and cheese! Before becoming a dietitian, she worked as a researcher in molecular biology for more than 10 years and was also a scuba diving instructor. She has lived in The Netherland and Germany but really found her home in Brisbane.
Her qualifications are listed below:
- Master of Dietetics Studies from the University of Queensland
- Accredited Mental Health First Aider (Mental Health First Aid Australia)
- PhD in Ecotoxicology
- Master in Toxicology