Maud is a university qualified Accredited Practicing Dietitian & Nutritionist (APD) and an active member of the Dietitian Association of Australia (DAA). She also has a PhD in ecotoxicology.
She believes diet is not only important for physical health but also mental health and is passionate about helping people improve their mind and body health through food. Her approach focuses on helping clients identify and maintain health-promoting behaviours that work for them. She welcomes clients as equal partners and by focusing on their strengths, thrives to empower them to take care of themselves in a sustainable way without “putting them on a diet”.
Maud works with age groups ranging from school age children to older adults. She can help with:
- Fussy eating – helping families decrease stress around mealtimes.
- Emotional eating – making peace with food.
- Yo-yo dieting – stopping the diet cycle.
- Avoidance and restrictive feeding and intake disorders (ARFID).
- Anorexia nervosa (AN).
- Bulimia nervosa (BN).
- Binge eating disorder (BED).
Gut and metabolic issues
- Chronic constipation.
- Management of antipsychotic side effects.
- High cholesterol.
Maud can also assist with general healthy eating like:
- Preventing nutrient deficiencies when following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Planning meals to decrease food waste and save money.
- Finding meal ideas that suit you (quick and easy, cheap but nutritious, …).
- Decoding food labels to make informed food choices.
- Preparing meals and lunch boxes to suit the whole family.
- Eating to age well.
Maud’s background and qualifications
Maud was born in France and, although she doesn’t really drink wine, she loves bread and cheese! Before becoming a dietitian, she worked as a researcher in molecular biology for more than 10 years and was also a scuba diving instructor. She has lived in The Netherland and Germany but really found her home in Brisbane.
Her qualifications are listed below:
- Master of Dietetics Studies from the University of Queensland
- Accredited Mental Health First Aider (Mental Health First Aid Australia)
- PhD in Ecotoxicology
- Master in Toxicology